Monday, March 20, 2006

Disconnected

Tiscali. Remember the name, people. By and large, I've had no real problems with them over the years, but it seems the trick is never to tell them you're moving away. I had a long conversation with them a week or so ago, and explained that I needed the broadband connection discontinued on the 31st, giving them less than the stipulated one month's notice. The lack of notice is not a problem, because we are going somewhere where Tiscali do not operate, so there is no notice period. Everything was arranged, and they declined my offer of notice in writing, noting that the file would say that we wanted to be closed down at midnight on March 31st.

On Saturday morning, the connection stopped working. Sever increasingly irate phone conversations later, two things became clear:

1) We had been disconnected 2 weeks early ("Yes, it says here to disconnect you on the 31st." "But it's the 18th." "Oh. Yes. Um. That happens sometimes".)

2) There was nothing I could do about it until today, because the cancellations team only works Monday to Friday.

Today, I was cheerfully told that I could reconnect if I liked, but it would take 15 days to process.

I hung up.

If updates become sporadic now, you know who to blame...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home