Thursday, March 02, 2006

Maybe the last time...

There's not really a lot to report, to be honest. We're very busy, as you might expect, the house moving things are progressing, I'm still spending lots of time closing down direct debits and sorting out medical insurance, and almost unnoticed, I'm doing some things for the last time.

Last week, I was in Luxembourg for the day, and it was certainly the last time I'll be there, given that my visits to Lux have been pretty sporadic over the years - indeed, since I was last there, they have started to build a new airport terminal, so that the walk to the office is no longer possible, crossing as it does a large hole in the ground.

We transacted our business very satisfactorily, and headed back to London City airport on a nifty little VLM Fokker 50, and it wasn't until I was home again that it occurred to me that it was the last time I'd fly out there. And then I've been to Italy this week, and I'm back out there again next week, and this time I will notice it. The office at the factory in Alba has been my second home this past year, and I'm going to miss it, and the friends I've made there. I'm taking a colleague with me, and in a way I'm handing the baton over to him, so it will feel odd, and a little sad, to be thrashing my hire car back up the autostrada for the last time. It's a place I will want to go back to in a few years, I'm sure, but for now, it will be the last time.

As the song says, I'm not looking back, but I'm trying to look around me now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home