Thursday, March 30, 2006

Exchange and Mart

Update:


  • The house is finally sold - contacts were exchanged this afternoon; there's no going back. The funds will be available on the 7th, just one week before we need them to buy the new place, but it'll do.

  • We've pretty much packed, and I think we'll be able to carry everything. The majority of our belongings went Canada-ward on Tuesday, and all that's left is what we can carry (which seems to be more than we thought we could carry, so I'm quietly confident on that front).

  • We've sold or given away large amounts of things which we either don't need, don't want, or won't work in Canada. Tomorrow is the final giveaway; everything must go, including the 20 year old microwave. I'll probably shed a tear giving that away, and then everything else goes to the tip.

  • The cats are on their way. Tonight, they're at Heathrow; tomorrow they'll be in Vancouver. We'll see them on Monday, with any luck

  • I'm going to bed now. I'm exhausted. But I'm published!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home